1. Cuevas R, De Guia A, Demont M. (2017). “Developing a framework of gastronomic systems research to unravel drivers of food choice.” International Journal of Gastronomy and Food Science. 9:88–99.
2. Walls H, Johnston D, Mazalale J, Chirwa E. (2018). “Why we are still failing to measure the nutrition transition.” BMJ Global Health. 3:e000657.
3. Wertheim-Heck, SC, Raneri, JE, And Oosterveer, P. (2019). “Food safety and nutrition for low-income urbanites: exploring a social justice dilemma in consumption policy.” Environment and Urbanization.
4. Wertheim-Heck, SC, & Raneri, JE. (2019). “A cross-disciplinary mixed-method approach to understand how food retail environment transformations influence food choice and intake among the urban poor: Experiences from Vietnam.” Appetite 142.
5. Raneri JE, Wertheim-Heck SC. (2019). “Retail diversity for dietary diversity: Resolving food-safety versus nutrition priorities in Hanoi. In: Food environments: Where people meet the food system.” UNSCN Nutrition, pg: 61-69.
6. Pradeilles R, Kearney C, Laar A, Holdsworth M, Zotor F, Tandoh A, Klomegah S, Coleman N, Bash K, Green M, Griffiths P. (2019). “How ready are communities to implement actions to improve diets of adolescent girls and women in urban Ghana?” BMC Public Health 19:646.
7. Surendran S, Selvaraj K, Turner C, Addanki S, Kannuri NK, Debbarma A, Kadiyala S, Kinra S, Walls H. (2020). “Characterising the fruit and vegetable environment of peri-urban Hyderabad, India.” Global Food Security. 24:100343. doi:10.1016/j.gfs.2019.100343.
8. Zhang LX, Koroma F, Fofana ML, Barry AO, Diallo S, Songbono JL, Stokes-Walters R, Klemm RD, Nordhagen S, Winch PJ. (2020) “Food Security in Artisanal Mining Communities: An Exploration of Rural Markets in Northern Guinea.” Foods. 9(4):479. doi: 10.3390/foods9040479.
9. Laar A, Barnes A, Aryeetey R, Tandoh A, Bash K, Mensah K, Zotor F, Vandevijvere S, Holdsworth M. (2020). “Implementation of healthy food environment policies to prevent nutrition-related non-communicable diseases in Ghana: National experts’ assessment of government action.” Food Policy. 101907. doi:10.1016/j.foodpol.2020.101907.
10. (Book chapter) Schreinemachers P, Yang R-y, Bhattaraj DR, Rai BB, Ouedraogo MS. (2020). “The impact of school gardens on nutrition outcomes in low-income countries.” In D. Hunter, E. M. Oro, B. Burgos, C. N. Rogel, B. Calub, & J. Gonsalves (Eds.), Agrobiodiversity, School Gardens and Healthy Diets: Promoting Biodiversity, Food and Sustainable Nutrition.
11. Bliznashka L, Danaei G, Fink G, Flax VL, Thakwalakwa C, Jaacks LM. (2020). “Cross-country comparison of dietary patterns and overweight and obesity among adult women in urban Sub-Saharan Africa.” Public Health Nutrition, 1-11.
12. Green M, Pradeilles R, Laar A, Osei-Kwasi H, Bricas N, Coleman N, Klomegah S, Njeri M, Tandoh A, Akparibo R, Griffiths P, Kimani E, Mensah K, Muthari S, Zotor F, Holdsworth, M (2020). “Characterising the food and advertising environments of deprived neighborhoods in African cities.” BMJ Open. doi: 10.1136/bmjopen-2019-035680.
13. Flax VL, Thakwalakwa C, Phuka JC, Jaacks LM. (2020). “Body size perceptions, body size preferences, and food choice among mothers and their children in Malawi.” Maternal & Child Nutrition.
14. Samaddar A, Cuevas RP, Custodio MC, Ynion J, Ray (Chakravarti) A, Mohanty SK, Demont M. (2020). “Capturing diversity and cultural drivers of food choice in Eastern India.” International Journal of Gastronomy and Food Science, 22:100249.
15. (Book chapter) Cuevas RP, Custodio MC, Ynion J, Samaddar A & Demont M. (2020). “Gastronomic systems research.” Gastronomy and Food Science. Galanakis, C.M. & Wang. E., eds., Amsterdam, The Netherlands: Elsevier.
16. Custodio MC, Ynion J, Cuevas RP, Samaddar A, Ray (Chakravarti) A, Mohanty S, Demont M. “Expert elicitation database capturing diversity and cultural drivers of food choice and nutritional implications in eastern India.” Data in Brief, in press.
17. Wertheim-Heck SC, Raneri JE. (2020). “Food policy and the unruliness of consumption: An intergenerational social practice approach to uncover transforming food consumption in modernizing Hanoi, Vietnam.” Global Food Security. 26:100418. doi:10.1016/j.gfs.2020.100418
18. Flax VL, Thakwalakwa C, Schnefke CH, Phuka JC, Jaacks LM. (2021). “Food purchasing decisions of Malawian mothers with young children in households experiencing the nutrition transition.” Appetite, 156, 104855.
19. Schreinemachers P, Baliki G, Shrestha RM, Bhattarai DR, Gautam IP, Ghimire PL, Subedi BP, Brück T. “Nudging children toward healthier food choices: An experiment combining school and home gardens.” Global Food Security. 26 (2020), 100454, ISSN 2211-9124, in press.
20. Stokes-Walters R, Fofana ML, Songbono JL, Barry AO, Diallo S, Nordhagen S, Zhang LX, Klemm RD, Winch PJ. “‘If you don’t find anything, you can’t eat’ – Mining livelihoods and income, gender roles, and food choices in northern Guinea.” Resources Policy, in press.
21. Ambikapathi R, Shively G, Leyna G, Mosha D, Mangara A, Patil CL, Boncyk M, Froesea SL, Verissimo CK, Kazonda P, Mwanyika-Sando M, Killewo J, Gunaratna NS. (2021). “Informal food environment is associated with household vegetable purchase patterns and dietary intake in the DECIDE study: Empirical evidence from food vendor mapping in peri-urban Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.” Global Food Security, 28, 100474, in press.
22. Thakwalakwa C, Flax VL, Phuka JC, Garcia H, Jaacks LM. (2020). “Drivers of food consumption among overweight mother-child dyads in Malawi.” PLoS ONE 15(12): e0243721.
23. Holdsworth M, Pradeilles R, Tandoh A, Green M, Wanjohi M, Zotor F, Asiki G, Klomegah S, Abdul-Haq Z, Osei-Kwasi H, Akparibo R, Bricas N, Griffiths P, Laar A. (2020). Unhealthy eating practices of city-dwelling Africans in deprived neighbourhoods: evidence for policy action from Ghana and Kenya. Global Food Security Journal, in press.
, , , , . (20210). “Relationships between land tenure insecurity, agrobiodiversity, and dietary diversity of women of reproductive age: Evidence from Acholi and Teso subregions of Uganda.” Matern Child Nutr. 16(S3):e12965.
25. Matita M, Chirwa E, Johnston D, Mazalale J, Smith R, Walls H (2021). “Does household participation in food markets increase dietary diversity? Evidence from rural Malawi.” Global Food Security, 28, 100486.
26. Custodio MC, Ynion J, Samaddar A, Cuevas RP, Mohanty SK, Ray (Chakravarti) A, Demont M. (2021). “Unraveling heterogeneity of consumers’ food choice: Implications for nutrition interventions in eastern India.” Global Food Security, 28, 100497.
27. Blake CE, Frongillo EA, Warren AM, Constantinides SC, Rampalli K, Bhandari S. (2021). “Elaborating the science of food choice for rapidly changing food systems in low- and middle- income countries.” Global Food Security, 28, 100503.
28. Cunningham SA, Shaikh N, Datar A, Chernishkin AE, Patil S. (2021). “Food subsidies, nutrition transition, and dietary patterns in a remote Indian district.” Global Food Security, 29, 100506.
29. Warren AM, Constantinides SV, Blake CE, Frongillo EA. (2021). “Advancing knowledge about stakeholder engagement in multisectoral nutrition research.” Global Food Security, 29:100521. doi.org/10.1016/j.gfs.2021.100521
30. Ripkey C, Little PD, Dominguez-Salas P, Kinyabo J, Mwanri A, Girard AW. (2021). “Increased climate variability and sedentarization in Tanzania: Health and nutrition implications on pastoral communities of Mvomero and Handeni districts, Tanzania.” Global Food Security, 29, 100516.
31. Constantinides SV, Turner C, Frongillo EA, Bhandari S, Reyes LI, Blake CE. (2021). “Using a global food environment framework to understand relationships with food choice in diverse low- and middle-income countries.” Global Food Security, 29, 100511.
32. Ynion J, Custodio MC, Samaddar A, Mohanty SK, Cuevas RP, Ray (Chakravarti) A, Demont M. (2021). “Survey data on heterogeneity in consumers’ food choice in eastern India.” Data in Brief, 36: 107148.
33. Nordhagen S, Fofana ML, Barry AO, Diallo S, Songbono JL, Stokes-Walters R, Zhang LX, Klemm R, Winch PJ. (2021). “Between the city and the farm: food environments in artisanal mining communities in Upper Guinea.” Public Health Nutrition, 1-13. doi:10.1017/S1368980021002020.
34. Bukachi SA, Ngutu M, Muthiru AW, Lepine A, Kadiyala S, Dominguez-Salas P. (2021). “Consumer perceptions of food safety in animal source foods choice and consumption in Nairobi’s informal settlements.” BMC Nutr 7, 35. https://doi.org/10.1186/s40795-021-00441-3.
35. Pradeilles R, Irache A, Holdsworth M, Laar A, et. al. (2021). “Urban physical food environments drive dietary behaviours in Ghana and Kenya: A photovoice study.” Health & Place, 71, 102647.
36. Schreinemachers P, Shrestha RM, Gole B, Bhattarai DR, Ghimire PL, Subedi BP, Brück T, Baliki G, Gautam IP, Blake CE. (2021). Drivers of Food Choice among Children and Caregivers in Post-earthquake Nepal. Ecology of Food and Nutrition. doi:10.1080/03670244.2021.1969925.